Daphne du Maurier wrote a story titled ‘The Birds‘ in 1952 which was made into a film by Alfred Hitchcock and will be a BBC drama in 2018. We invite all children and young people to create their own original story, poem, picture or model about BIRDS and enter it to become the Fowey Festival Young Writer or Young Artist of the Year 2018.
We do hope you will take part.
Create a poem, a story, a work of art or all three and enter them to win an award.
- Poems can be up to 20 lines and short stories can be up to 200 words.
- Poem and story entries should be on A4 paper. Works of art can be pictures no bigger than A4 on paper or card or models that will fit into a normal shoe box.
- The Awards are open to young writers and artists up to 16 years old.
- Closing date is 16th March 2018. Entry is free.
- Winning entries will be displayed in the Church during the Fowey Festival of Arts and Literature 12th-19th May 2018.
- Young Artist of the Year Awards and Young Writer of the Year Awards will be presented together with prizes totalling £500 on 19th May, the final day of the Fowey Festival of Arts and Literature.
- First and Second prizes for works of art, poems and stories will be awarded in each of 3 groups: Infant, Junior and Secondary.
- Writers and artists ages and any special needs will be taken into account during judging.
Two new awards will be made this year: Artist of the Year 2018 and Writer of the Year 2018.
Individual entries can be posted to 28 Lankelly Lane, Fowey PL23 1HN, or dropped in to The Webb Street Company, 2 Webb Street, Fowey, PL23 1AP with an entry form for each work of art, poem or story.
Click here for an individual entry printed entry form word document.
Schools and Multiple Entries
Schools and multiple entries can use the printed entry form below.
Click here for a schools and multiple entries printed entry form word document.
Individual Poems and stories can also be submitted online using the form below. Please do not use the form for multiple entries.
Online entry form for individual poems and stories only, not works of art or multiple entries. Paintings and artwork should be posted to the address above, or dropped in to the Webb St Company.
2 Webb Street, Fowey, Cornwall PL23 1AP