For the purposes of this policy:
- Any reference to “We/Our/Us” means the The du Maurier Festival Society.
The du Maurier Festival Society recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of information. In processing the information you supply Us, we strive to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, under which we are registered, as well as the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
This policy sets out how We use and protect any personal information that you give Us when you use Our website. If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact Us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org before using Our website. If this policy changes then We will let you know via Our website.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information when you use Our website:
- your name, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, password and/or company details;
- your billing information such as debit and credit card numbers including the expiry dates, three digit security codes listed at the back of debit and credit card ; However we do not store your credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, in order for Us to provide you with further correspondence about Our products or services.
We collect this information only when you supply it to us. When We collect information from you, We will identify ourselves and inform you of the purpose for which We are collecting your information.
2. What do we do with the information we collect?
We use your information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- to improve Our services
- to process your queries made via the search facilities listed on Our website and to correspond with you about such queries;
- to monitor site traffic;
- to register you with Our website
- to contact you for market research purposes
We will only pass on the information you supply us to the appointed Box Office to enable them to:
- to process your booking enquiries, orders and any other queries;
- to send you details of your reservations or booking information and to contact you if they have trouble processing your booking, requests or queries;
- to verify details relating to any requests for any information or requests which you make online.
The du Maurier Festival Society is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (see www.dataprotection.gov.uk) and complies with its provisions.
3. Direct marketing
We, or the appointed Box office, may use your information to inform you about new features, promotions, special offers and other information related to The du Maurier Festival, which We, or the appointed Box Office, think you may find interesting (‘Marketing Information’). We, or the appointed Box Office, may send you such information by mail, telephone or fax. When you provide Us with information, you will be given the option to let Us know that you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes either by Us, and/or the appointed Box Office. If you request this option, We, or the appointed Box Office, will not send you any direct marketing material.
Please note that whilst We strive to inform the appointed Box Office that you do not wish to receive Marketing Information, We will not be held responsible if they continue to send you Marketing Information.
If you change your mind and wish to opt in to receiving Marketing Information at any time by contacting Our data protection compliance officer at email@example.com.
4. Email marketing
We, or the appointed Box Office, would also like to provide you with Marketing Information by email. However, We, or the appointed Box Office, appreciate that email “spam” has become a problem in recent years.
When you provide Us with personal information, We will ask you whether or not you are happy for Us, or the appointed Box office, to send you Marketing Information by email.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive emails in connection with Marketing Information from Us or the appointed Box Office please contact Our data protection compliance officer at firstname.lastname@example.org (if you use more than one email address to communicate with us, please notify Us of each email account you use)
Please note that whilst we strive to inform the appointed Box Office that you do not wish to receive Marketing Information by email, we will not be held responsible if they continue to send you Marketing Information by email.
5. Whom do we share this information with?
We do not transfer, disclose, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
6. How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of personal information which We hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email Our Data Protection Compliance Officer email@example.com.
You may also request details of personal information held by the appointed Box Office about you by contacting them.
If you think any information We have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or e-mail Us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible. If you think any information the appointed Box office have about you is incomplete, please write to or email them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while We strive to protect your information, We cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to Us via Our website and you do so at your own risk. Once We receive your information, in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect on line.
Payments on Our website are processed by the payment provider PayPal Pro, to enter your payment details you will be transferred to the PayPal payment processing website, where you are asked to enter your credit or debit card details you will see a padlock, double clicking this will allow you to check details of the SSL (secure server software) certificate.
The du Maurier Festival Society. November 2011